Molecular Basis of Inheritance Set 2
On This Page
This set of Biology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on Molecular Basis of Inheritance Set 2
Q1 | Which one is a ribozyme ?
- Ribonuclease - P
- Peptidyl transferase
- Both (B) & (C)
Q2 | Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
- Recombinant DNA - DNA forming by union of segments of DNA from diffrent Sources
- Purines - Nitrogenous bases Cytosine , thymine and Uracil
- ATP - The principal energy carrying compound inthe cell
- r-RNA - RNA molecules found in ribosomes
Q3 | Which one of the following pairs is correctly matched ?
- Ribosomal RNA - Carries amino acids to the site of protein synthesis
- Transcription - Process by which protein in synthesized
- Translation - Process by which m RNA carries the information from nucleus to ribosomes
- Anticodon - Site of t-RNA that binds to the m-RNA
Q4 | Which is not the step of translation ?
Q5 | The enzyme amino acyl t-RNA-synthetase facilitates.
- Joining two neighbouring amino acids on ribosomes
- A doption of amino acids by a t-RNA molecule
- Insertion of amino acyl t-RNA into the ribosome sites
- Transfer of amino acyl t-RNA from the ribosomal ‘A’ site to ‘P’ site
Q6 | state the anticodon of initiation codon of protein synthesis
Q7 | Which is the energy source for the process of elongation ?
- All the above
Q8 | What does a gene consist of ?
- Initiation site & termination site
- coding sequence
- All the above
Q9 | Name the enzymes needed for lactose Catabolism in E.coli ?
- ? - galactosidase, permease transacetylase
- ? - galactosidasee Lactase, transacetylase
- ? - galactosidase, lactase, permease
- Lactase, permease, transacetylase
Q10 | What does operon contain ?
- Regulator gene + promotor gene
- Operator gene + structural gene
- Regulator gene + promotor gene structural gene
- Regulator gene + promotor gene + operator gene + structural gene
Q11 | Select correct match with respect to lac-operon model ?
- Active represser + inducer ? Inactive repressor
- Active repressor + corepressor ? Inactive repressor
- Inactive repressor + inducer ? Active repressor
- Inactive repressor + corepressor? Active repressor
Q12 | In relation of lac operon in E-coli , Which protein is not regulated by the repressor ?
- Lactose permease
Q13 | Which is not correct regarding the activity of helicase during DNA replication ?
- Cuts hydrogen bomds
- Requires ATP
- separates DNA strands
- Stabilizes single strands
Q14 | Which of the following enzyme is not produced by E. coli during lactose catabolism ?
- ? - galactosidase
- Thioglactoside translacetylase
- Lactose dehydrogenase
- Lactose permease
Q15 | Which is the incorrect statement regarding HGP ?
- HGP is an Indian scientific research project
- In 1990, the Project was initiated
- A working draft of the genome was announced in 2000
- In February 2001, the analysis of the working draft was published
Q16 | Humans have approximately _____ times more genes than E.coli
Q17 | Which of the following is not according to the chargoff’s rule ?
- A = T
- C = G
- A + G = T + C
- A + T / G + C =1
Q18 | Select the correct answer / answers from the following1. Ligase :- Joins short segments of DNA together2. DNA Polymerase :- cuts DNA at specific sequence3. Helicase :- Breaks the hydrogen bonds between complementary pairs during DNA replication4. Gyrase : - Joins weak hydrogen bonds between complementary pairs
- 1, 2, 3 and 4, are corrent
- 1 and 2 are correct, 3 and 4 are false
- 1 and 3 are correct, 2 and 4 false
- 1, 2, 3 are correct, 4 is false
Q19 | DNA replication in eukaryotes is
- Unidirectional with many origin
- Bidirectional with many origin
- Unidirectional with single origin
- Bidirectional with single origin
Q20 | Aminoacids lysine, serine and arginine are coded by how many codons ?
- 6, 4, and 3 respectively
- 4, 2 and 2 respectively
- 6 codons
- 4 codons
Q21 | Which of the following amino acid is coded by 3 codons ?
Q22 | How many nucleotides make one okazaki segment in eukaryotes ?
- Not fixed
Q23 | Which of the following enzymes help in the process of formation of phosphodiester bond during reverse transcription ?
- DNA - dependant RNA polymerase
- DNA dependant DNA polymerase
- RNA - dependant RNA polymerase
- RNA - dependant DNA polymerase
Q24 | The two strands of a DNA molecule are separted and one of them is analysed for its A + T / G + C ratio, This is found to be 0.2 What is the A + T / G + C ratio of the other strand
Q25 | DNA replication in lagging strand of most of the eukaryotic organis ms is
- conservative and continuous
- semi conservative but discontinuous
- conservative and semi - discontinuous
- semi conservative but continuous