Breathing and Exchange of gases Set 2
On This Page
This set of Biology Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on Breathing and Exchange of gases Set 2
Q1 | Which one is not viral infection
- Vocational lung disease
Q2 | They respire through lungs
Q3 | The muscles take part in rapid breathing
- Muscles of rib cage
- Muscles of neck region and abdominal region
- Thoracic and abdominal muscles
- Muscles of neck region and thoracic region.
Q4 | Human lungs are situated in
- Abdominal cavity
- Thoracic cavity
- Inside diaphragm
- Abdominal cavity
Q5 | Blockage in respiratory passage in humans is prevented due to the presence of
- ‘C’ shaped cartilagenous rings.
Q6 | In human beings
- Left lung is slightly smaller
- Left lung is slightly wider
- Right lung is slightly smaller
- Both lungs are of similar size.
Q7 | The left lung is slightly smaller so as
- It is exception
- No specific reason
- Both A and B
- To accommodate heart.
Q8 | In which disease lung tissue degenerate?
Q9 | Which is the lung disorder related to profession?
Q10 | This disease is due to first virus infection followed by bacterial attack
Q11 | The disease in which masses of undifferentiated cells formed in tracheal walls
- Acute bronchitis
- Lung cancer
Q12 | This disease is due lo allergens
Q13 | During inhalation the following activities occur
- Area of rib cage increases, diaphragm is pulled upwards
- Area of rib cage increases, diaphragm is pulled downward
- Area of rib cage reduces, diaphram gets contracted
- Area of rib cage reduces, diaphram gets relaxed.
Q14 | Blood transports oxygen in the form of
Q15 | In which three forms of CO2 is transported by blood
- As a solution, carbamino compunds, bicarbonates
- As a solution, carbamino proteins,KHCO3
- As a solution, carbamino haemoglobin, NaHCO3
- As A solution, carbamino compound H2CO3
Q16 | Carbamino proteins are formed in
- Blood plasma
- Blood platelets
- Blood cells
Q17 | The centre which excites both the activities during rapid breathing is
- Ventral respiratory center
- Lateral respiratory center
- Pneumotoxic center
- Dorsal respiratory center.
Q18 | The function of pneumotoxic center is
- To regulate inhalation
- To maintain rhythmicity of respiration
- Increases rate of ethalation
- Does not play significant role.
Q19 | AIDS patients are susceptible to this respiratoty disease
Q20 | The full from of Hb is
- Hydrogen bromide
- Henson bond
- Hydrogen bond
Q21 | H.Hb is
- Heavy hydrogen bond
- Reduced bromide
- Haemoglobin acid
Q22 | The enzyme carbonic anhydrase is of which type?
Q23 | What is role of buffer system in blood ?
- To maintain pH of blood plasma
- To maintain pH of blood
- To maintain pH of RBC
- To maintain pH of blood platelets
Q24 | CO2 combines in human RBC with the which ion of haemoglobin
- – COOH
Q25 | On respitatory surface,KHCO3 formed in RBC reacts with