1) Infectious disease is almost totally eradicated in our world.
2) A student has obtained a sample of pond water for study. Using the
high-power lens, he observes several cells with nuclei. He can
conclude that the cells are NOT bacteria.
3) The process of pasteurization to reduce food spoilage utilizes
high heat to kill all bacteria present.
4) Anton van Leeuwenhoek was the first microbiologist to use a
microscope to examine environmental samples for the presence of microorganisms.
5) Spontaneous generation refers to living cells arising only from
other living cells.
6) Microbes are associated with life-sustaining benefits as well as
7) All cells possess a cell wall.
8) All pathogens known to infect humans have been identified at this
point in time.