Requirements of Apostleship
1. Accompanied Jesus from Baptism to Ascension2. A Witness of the Resurrection3. Chosen/Appointed by Jesus Christ HImself
How did Paul met the requirements of Apostleship?
1. Galatians 1:17-18 - He studied for three years in Damascus2. Acts 9:1-9 - He interacted with Jesus after the resurrection3. Acts 9:15 - He was chosen by God
Who is Paul?
* Roman Citizen* In 3 shipwrecks* Bit by a snake* Used to persecute Christians* Grew up in Tarsus* Etc
How did Paul introduce himself?
As an apostle* When establishing authority
Someone who is sent out on a purpose or mission
Follower of Christ
How many people got saved?
12 is the number of God's people
How many years was Jesus earthly ministry?
Who did they call to replace Judas?
* Barsabbas (Justus)* Matthias
Where did Paul go once he was saved?
How long was Paul gone?
Lord's phrase in KJV
It's hard for you to kick against the goads
Two main goals in Verses 1 and 2?
1. Establish Authority2. Emphasize the Resurection
To awaken, arouse* Joseph - Dream* Peter's MIL - Was sick
To whom is the letter addressed?
Grace, kindness, blessing (Lk. 1:20, John 1:14 - Jesus is full of Grace/Truth)
Peace, Rest (Jn 14:27, 16:33 - Christ's last instructions)* Will overcome circumstances
Gave, offer (Mt. 4:9, 5:38-42)* Turn the other cheek
Delivered, remove (Mt. 5:29, Acts 12:11)* To rescue from evil age
Marvel, Astounded, Amazed (Mt. 8:27 - Crazy storm that Jesus calmed)* Jesus rebuked lack of faith and then storm
What to do during problems?
Turning Away, Removed (Hebrews 11:5 - Enoch)
What do we turn to?
* A religion of obligation* A Right of Obscenity (Jude 1:4)
Trouble*"Let not your heart be troubled
Pervert, Turn, Corrupt, Change* Acts 2:20 - Sun to Darkness* James 4:9 - Joy to Gloom
Offered, Given (Romans 9:3)* Destruction - Hell
Persuade, Urge, Trust
Please, Willing Service, Satisfy* Paul wanted God to be satisfied with him
Receieve, Come alongside* Mt 1&2 - Mary as Bride/Jesus to Egypt
To put to flight
To lay waste, Ravage
Pioneer, To progress
Boil w Passion, Devoted
What does Paul explain in Romans 9?
He wishes to be accursed rather than other people having to be accursed.