Which is a common link between all religions?A. All religions have prophets.B. All religions lead humans away from suffering.C. All religions believe in multiple gods.D. All religions are monotheistic.
All religions lead humans away from suffering.
Which is a belief of pantheism?A. belief that the entire universe is godB. belief in only one godC. belief in many godsD. no belief in any god
belief that the entire universe is god
What do most religions believe is the way toward salvation or a better afterlife?A. exercising free willB. practicing all religious ritualsC. doing good deedsD. leading a monastic life
doing good deeds
Which of the following is a characteristic of a personal god?A. He is invisible.B. He is present in abstract form.C. He can communicate through prophets and visions.D. He varies for every individual of that religion.
He can communicate through prophets and visions.
Apart from believing in many gods, what do polytheists also believe in?A. They believe their god and the universe are one.B. They believe their god is present in the abstract.C. They believe in gods of other religions.D. They believe their god can speak to them.
They believe in gods of other religions.
Which statement is one of the thirteen beliefs of Judaism?A. The dead can never be resurrected.B. God is eternal.C. God handed only the Torah to Moses.D. There are still more forms of Torah to come in the future.
God is eternal.
Who liberated the Jews from Egypt, led them across the desert for forty years, gave them the Ten Commandments, and eventually led them to the Promised Land?A. JacobB. MosesC. AbrahamD. King David
Christine has decided to throw a small feast for her Jewish friends. Which of the following actions would be acceptable according to kosher laws?A. serving crab and lobsterB. serving imported wineC. serving pepperoni pizzaD. serving lasagnaE. serving turkey and vegetables
serving turkey and vegetables
Which Jewish festival involves lighting nine candles?A. PesachB. Yom KippurC. SukkotD. Hanukkah
Which branch of Judaism allows the playing of instrumental music?A. Reform JudaismB. Conservative JudaismC. Hasidic JudaismD. Orthodox Judaism
Which compilation deals with the legal aspects of the Torah?A. TanakhB. MishnahC. Midrash halachahD. Ketuvim
Which day do Christians consider as the Lord's Day?A. SaturdayB. Good FridayC. EasterD. Sunday
Who conquered Jerusalem in the seventh and eighth centuries?A. TurksB. MongolsC. ChristiansD. Muslims
Which section of the New Testament narrates the history of Christian missionaries?A. the EpistlesB. the GospelsC. Acts of the ApostlesD. Book of Revelation
Acts of the Apostles
15. Which incident marks the initiation of the events leading to the crucifixion of Christ?A. the Last SupperB. betrayal by JudasC. prayer at Gethsemane GardenD. trial by Pontius Pilate
the Last Supper
Who in Christianity established a relationship between reason and faith?A. John CalvinB. Thomas AquinasC. Martin LutherD. St. Francis of Assisi
17. What did the nomadic Arabs believe in before the birth of the prophet Muhammad?A. monotheismB. atheismC. polytheismD. pantheism
18. Whom do Shia Muslims believe to be the true successor of Muhammad?A. Abu BakrB. Imam AliC. UthmanD. Abu Talib
19. Which pillar of Islam involves the washing ritual of wudu prior to the prayer?A. SalatB. ZakatC. ShahadahD. Sawm
20. Which direction do Muslims face while offering Salat?A. facing the Ka'ba in MeccaB. facing eastC. facing westD. facing any mosque
facing the Ka'ba in Mecca
21. Which statement is true about Allah?A. Allah represents himself in a male form.B. Allah's son is the prophet Muhammad.C. Allah is omnipotent.D. Allah has a unit of demigods.
Allah is omnipotent.
22. Which title do Muslims confer upon a person who has memorized the Quran by heart?A. UmahB. HafizC. PirD. Imam